The parade theme is: The Greatest Generation - World War II
Float contest entries will be judged by a People's choice vote. Parade spectators will be encouraged to place their vote at 2 locations: The Mound and The Museum and Interpretive Center - 313 D Street. Votes will be tabulated and announced the following week. The winning float will have a $500.00 donation made in your name to the Veteran's charity of your choice.
The City South Charleston & CVB staff reserve the right to reject any application
Political or controversial issues may not be represented in the Armed Forces Day parade
Read All the information carefully. All contacts listed on this form are expected to inform their group of these rules. All participants are expected to abide by the rules.
1) This is a mobile event. Do not stop to perform during the parade if the routine takes longer than two minutes. You will be expected to keep the pace of the parade and keep moving forward.
2) For the safety of both parade participants and parade spectators, throwing candy or prizes from vehicles is prohibited. Candy may be handed out to spectators by float’s attendants who walk the parade route. Also, there will be absolutely NO distribution of literature. Any participant disobeying parade rules will be immediately escorted from the parade.
4)Political candidates will be allowed in the parade. Current office holders are welcome but re-election signage or material will not l be allowed. They must be in a decorated float or vehicle.
5) All entries must be registered and approved by the South Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau to be included in the official parade lineup.
6) *Horses must be bagged and accompanied by a NEGATIVE Coggins Test on the appropriate forms.
7) Dogs must be accompanied by vaccination papers.
8)The South Charleston Convention and Visitors Bureau reserves the right to refuse admittance into the parade of any entries deemed inappropriate by CVB or City staff. The decision is final.
Please submit your completed application by April 24, 2020. All entries must complete a parade application.
Notification of Acceptance:
Applicants approved by the South Charleston CVB will be notified. Detailed parade instructions will be distributed to all accepted participants. The applicant is responsible share these instructions with all individuals in the group.
shall indemnify and hold harmless the City of South Charleston and the South Charleston CVB, sponsors or their officials and employees from any and all loss, cost (including reasonable attorney fees and court costs), damages, expense and liability arising from the South Charleston Armed Forces Day Parade. The City of South Charleston and the South Charleston CVB accept no liability for any actions that may arise. Any insurance protection which may be necessary for accidental injury or property damage during the event is the sole responsibility of the applicant.
The South Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau
311 D Street
P.O. Box 8599
South Charleston, WV 25303
Telephone: (304) 746-5552 Fax: (304) 746-2970
Sidebar Items are stacked here
South Charleston Convention & Visitors Bureau
311 D Street, South Charleston, WV 25303
Copyright © Website Design by ASP.